It’s is a fat-soluble derivative of Piracetam. It is stronger than Piracetam (but weaker than Noopept). Would be best for creative and “big picture thinking” tasks.
Things you may notice (anecdotal):
- Increased perception of visual and aural stimuli
- Decreased anxiety
- Increased motivation
- Better focus
- Better resilience against stress and depression
Examine.com had this to say about it:
Anecdotally, Aniracetam has been know to aid in ‘collective and holistic thinking’, or putting the pieces of the puzzle together. It also increases blood flow and activity in the area of the brain known for this action, the association cortex.
Benefits Seen in Research:
- Reduces anxiety and depression in rat models. Humans report the same effects, anecdotally1
- May improve memory formation2
- It promotes BDNF production, a chemical noted for improving brain plasticity3
- Increases release of dopamine and serotonin in prefrontal cortex (this brain area involves complex planning, decision-making, and executive function)4
- Neuroprotective (helps damage done to memory and learning impairment areas of the brain)5,6
How it works:
Modulates AMPA receptors in a way that results in a stimulatory effect on the brain1. It is an AMPAkine. AMPAkines improve alertness and attention span while also lending a hand to the learning and memory parts of the brain8.
The mechanisms for reduxing anxiety and depression are still somewhat unclear but may do so via “a mix of serotonergic, dopaminergic, and cholinergic interactions.1”
Aniracetam Dosages to Take:
- 750mg — 1500mg 1
All in one dosage is fine, but experiment with breaking it up into 2 dosages (i.e. 500mg 2x/day or 750mg 2x/day)
Start on the high end (1500mg once daily) and if you notice no negative side effects for 7 days, try lowering your dose to 750mg to see if you still get benefits. If you do, stay at 750mg and go to a maximum of 1500mg only when needed.
Consider taking it with a meal that includes fat due to its fat-soluble property. I’ve heard others take it on an empty stomach and still notice benefits. It is absorbed by rats in a fasted state, so it’s a possibility for humans7.
Where to buy the best aniracetam capsules:
Nootropics Depot (capsules)
Nootropics City (capsules)
Ride on over to…
…and have a good time with Ani
See my post“On Racetams” for more information about that nootropic family